Skip to main content

Love Is Sharp

 



Sometimes I envy peole who can put down in words what love is. It is the easiet thing to do for so many people. To me however it isn't. It is laughable and weird  I know but I do struggle to write about love. I love reading about it but words to say what love is to me just refuse to come out of my head.

I love what love is in my mind though. I love how limitless it is. How amazing it is. How whole it is. May be that is why I struggle to write about it. Not because I fear writing about it but because I fear I won't bring out what it truly is. I feel it won't be pure as they way it feels in my mind. I now find that fear quite stupid because love is love however it is described. It doesn't have to be complete in words. It is just enough to be as it is.

Someone somewhere might say that I haven't been loved fiercely enough that is why I find it hard to write about it. That when you are loved fiercely enough you will scream your heart out for the world to know just how big that love is. Who said love only makes sense if it makes you scream from the rooftops anyway?

I have experienced love which moved in silence. Take word. I have said silence. Not secret. Those two mean totally different. For a while I was worried it wasn't enough. Like I needed it to feel like the whole world should know. But then that was not me. I don't like the whole world being in business. I am just not that type. So maybe it is true what they say. The energy you give is the energy you receive.

It never meant that I loved any less or the love was less powerful. It was still powerful. It did mean everything. I loved its silence.  Its magic. I loved it because it was an embodiment of who I was.

I believe love speaks for itself in a way. If welcomed it shows itself. You will know it. You will feel it. Whether love makes you scream from the rooftops or whether it is calm, love remains as sharp as a Japanese Katana.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

God is As Simple

I was born and raised Catholic and I love being Catholic but through the years I have come to learn that the whole idea of religion is overrated and that churches limit us. I think to understand the Creator, people sat down and developed ideas to try to explain who God is and how to worship him. Don't get me wrong, I respect people and their way of worship. I just don't like it when some of these people criticize others or think they have a one way ticket to heaven because their way of worshipping God is superior to others.  Some might label me a bad Catholic christian but in all honesty, I don't think understanding the whole complex doctrine and knowing the number of garments a priest dons for mass matters. Then why do I still go for mass you might ask or why have I not changed churches? I go because there is where I find peace. There is something ethereal and majestic about cathedrals especially when I find myself alone on some random day. As crazy as it may soun

21st Century Twenties

The freaking hellish twenties of century 21. Pheewwh!! I know I'm not the only one feeling this especially about the mid 20's. It is such a mental time. It is a time when you have to remind yourself each day that everything will be okay because the world is not what you thought. It is a time when you learn that peace of mind is actually something people struggle to find. It is a time when you cannot seem to understand life or God. When you will roll through all emotions at once. You will be sad then happy, high then low. It is a time when you learn that "I- don't -know- what -I- feel" is also an emotion by itself. When relationships will end without drama but you still hurt as hell, probably even more than if it had ended with drama.  It is a time when you will unlearn the things you learnt. When people will move to upper niches in their lives and you will feel left behind. People will be getting married and having children and you will feel lik

Phoenix

I turned a year older just the other day and truth be told this season has had so many lows and highs. For me especially, there were too many letdowns. Hopes held on high just to crush me. Times where I gave those I'm-doing-great -I-can't- complain kind of replies but in truth I wanted  scream my head out because nothing was going right. Smiling and making jokes about how everything seems contorted but deep inside I was mad and confused about what a mess everything felt like. These years are totally unnerving.  Be that as it may, I just decided to sit back,  look at how life is and I realized God is in total control you know.The director behind the scenes. Even though I got mad at him so many times, I somehow knew that it was pointless because that's just it. Pointless.  He has a reason for everything. He always has.  With all the disappointments there have been real truths revealed though:Those spectacular academic degrees do not mean  the work you do will be fulfilling